Monday, December 1, 2008

Bill's Big Birthday

I haven't blogged in a few days due to the big birthday celebration for my dad, Bill III. It was a milestone, number 75. He and Bette arrived from taking their boat Tortuga Verde south to Florida aboard a friend's private plane. Travelin' in style for the 75th.

A birthday card gives Daddo a big laugh. My dad can laugh better than just about anybody. When he laughs it comes deep from the belly and you can't help but laugh with him.

Rachel made a special cake for Dad. It was so cool, she had his boat detailed, even had a CYC burgee on top. I put an inset on the photo of the burgee so you could see the work she put into this cake. She didn't want her picture taken because she had been working in the kitchen, but I think she is beautiful whether she has on a tee shirt or a ball gown.

They put a LOT of candles on the cake so Dad enlisted some help to blow them out. Happy Birthday Dad!

No comments: