Friday, December 26, 2008

Where you at ATT?

We're spending Christmas "down on the farm" in Grayson this week. No internet available so my updates are far and few between. I'm just kidding. This photo is not BCD's farm but it is a place down the road from his farm where the folks still use this bridge as the only access to their house. BCD says the folks do have electricity though. Here is a photo of our farm, the old smoke house and tobacco barn. There is no longer a residence on the farm, only barns and out buildings.

I've been inspired by Sue and her wonderful closeups so I tried one of my own. Pictured below is the pulley wheel of the old well on the farm.

I'm hoping for some pretty weather. I would like to take some shots of the old churches around Carter County. They are disappearing fast. So much history in those old buildings and congregations. Here is one of the Crane Creek Hopewell Methodist Church.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the photos you have featured in this series! Very nicely captured. I would have a "blast" photographing the tobacco barn and smokehouse. My kind of subjects!!!

Happy New Year!