Monday, September 15, 2008

Aunt Deane Arrives



Ike is the cause of all of this. Until tonight I was perfectly happy to not blog. But Ike changed all that. He came roaring into town Sunday at 75 mph and within mere minutes (it seemed) of his arrival, our entire town was without electricity. And we are still without power some 36 hours later.

At first it was just like any other time that the power has gone out, which, in years past has been a frequent occurance in Grand Rivers. Nothing to do but wait. So, I decided to take a nice Sunday afternoon nap. Ahhh. The AC was off, but it was cool, so I got comphy in my recliner. About an hour later, sniff, sniff, what IS that smell? Seems that some animal decided to make the underside of my house it's last resting place. So now the power is off and the reek of the dead is beginning to waft up through the house.
Yep, sure enough, a dead something was under our house and with the AC off it was ghastly. My dear hubby, BCD (Big Country Daddy) and I spend two nights in local motels. Not a wonderful vacation. Finally on night two, we opt for the Hampton Inn in Kuttawa, KY. At least they had internet service. Well, sort of. I could never connect to their ethernet connection and finally connected to the neighboring Days Inn wireless at a very low output. But I did get to read the local blogs. It was fun and I thought, hey, I should do this too.

About the time I began setting up an account to blog my cousin David Jr. calls to tell me the power is back on at Green Turtle Bay. I decide I better run back home and turn the AC on and the ceiling fans to get the smell of the dearly departed out of the house, if possible.

I did obviously get back to the blog, but not until I got to my desk today. BCD hired Slim Shady to get under the house and find the funeral. The handy guy will return tomorrow to repair our duct work, spray something nice and repair the vent from whence the creature crawled.
Aunt Deane has arrived in the blog world.

No comments: