Tuesday, October 28, 2008

photo blues


Lugging my new Canon XSi to the Grand Rivers Community Center on Saturday evening was no mean feat. Camera strapped around my neck, purse slung around my neck and my hands full (as usual) I dragged all into the line forming for the spaghetti dinner.

$5 for dinner, what a deal! Many of our local residents were present. Some were already sitting down to what turned out to be a pretty good meal. I unloaded my camera, coat, purse at the first chance and joined BCD in line.

Just as we got to the front of the very slow line, the good volunteers ran out of noodles. No matter, I'll just eat sauce say I. Cup of sauce and a piece of homemade cake in hand I trapse back to our seats.

We really enjoyed visiting with friends and listening to the jam session by local musicians. Some of the musicians had never played together. Everyone playing and helping to serve were volunteering their time raising money to purchase needed tables for the community center.

Which was the reason I dragged the camera with me, the heavy camera with the big lens, to take photos of the event, the friends and the volunteers. Finished with my sauce, I roped the camera around my neck and began to mill around, looking all the while like a big city reporter. Yeah, right.

Snap! May I take your photo? Great, snap! I took pictures of everyone. Some posed for me, some did not. When I arrived back at my table, I took a few photos of our friends Mike and Debbie. I asked Mike to take one of me. Snap! Great shot, let's see it!

I turned the view option on. Nothing. No photos. The error message said: No digital memory card installed. Arrrrggghhh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Unfortunate, but funny!